These chocolate brownie cookies are melt in your mouth, the outside is slightly crisp revealing a softer, gooey centre similar to a chocolate brownie.
Cookies are one of my weaknesses, especially chocolate chip cookies. They are probably one of my favorite things on the planet to eat.
Not only do I love cookies, but brownies are also very high up on my favourite list. I love brownies. They’re all chocolatey and fudgy and rich.
These cookies are the best of both worlds. They have the chocolaty flavor and chewy center like a brownie and the shape and outside texture of a cookie. They have that wonderful flaky texture on the outside like on the top of a brownie.
If a fudgy brownie and chewy chocolate chip cookie had a baby, it would be this decadent creation.
The key to this magical crossover dessert is large quantities of melted chocolate and eggs which give the cookies a fudge-like texture. Simple to make and guaranteed to please, these cookies should most definitely make their way into your life. You’ll never look at brownies or cookies quite the same way again.
- 110g butter
- 440g dark chocolate
- 95g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 200 granulated sugar
- 2 tbls light brown sugar
- 2 tbls coco powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place a small glass bowl over a saucepan of water over low heat. Bring it to a simmer. Add the chocolate chips and butter to the glass bowl, stir occasionally until completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While the butter/chocolate mixture melts, combine eggs, sugars, and cocoa powder in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Mix on high until the mixture has doubled in volume and is very very thick, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to medium and add the melted chocolate mixture to the eggs/sugar mixture and mix until combined. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce the speed to low and add flour mixture all at once. Mix until just combined. Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- With a tablespoon drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the tops of cookies appear crackled, but the interior will be soft and under-baked.