Super-moist and incredibly indulgent banana bread loaded with dark chocolate chips.
I can’t actually believe that I don’t have a banana bread recipe up on my blog yet as its my go-to-recipe. Super easy yet produces the most amazing results.
If you haven’t got long to spend baking in your kitchen but want to knock up something delicious I recommend this easy peasy banana bread recipe. It will take you 10-15 minutes to weigh and mix together the ingredients and once thats done pour straight into a loaf tin and pop into your oven for 50 minutes. You can then get on with whatever else needs doing around the house while enjoying the sweet smells while its baking away in the oven.
You will fall straight in love with this recipe! Its incredibly tasty bursting with banana gooey goodness in each slice.
Four beautifully ripe bananas go into this banana bread recipe. I use extra spotty own bananas to give that extra banana flavour. Its no good using greeny/yellow bananas as they wont give out much flavour at all. You need jut heavily specked bananas like these:
I loathe dry banana bread, I just won’t eat it. Id rather go without! This loaf is super moist mainly from the moisture from the bananas. The butter gives the beard a nutty, rich flavour that is enhanced by the dark chocolate. A touch of pure vanilla extract gives the bread a sweet flavour.
There is no liquid used in this banana bread recipe. So yes its going to be a little dense but its not overly heavy just the perfect amount to compliment the bananas and dark chocolate chips.
- 250g plain flour
- 175g dark chocolate chips
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder then gradually add to the batter and beat well.
- Mash the bananas and beat them into the mix. Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the center of the oven for 50 min, until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the tin to cool.
- This loaf cake is best served warm.
- Keep any uneaten cake in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days.