Let me tell you about this beautiful and simple recipe for classic shortbread biscuits. Three ingredients, only three ingredients and you get to have the most delectable and buttery and sweet shortbread biscuit you’ll ever have in your life.
Who could resist such a buttery treat? These chocolate drizzled shortbread bites are so simple to make but they taste so good! The shortbread has the perfect melt-in-your-mouth texture. I like the tender, but not crumbly, consistency of the shortbread and the way that it seems to melt in your mouth when you eat it. This shortbread recipe is very simple and uses just flour, sugar and butter. The shortbread has a wonderful consistency and a very buttery flavour, with hint of sweetness from the chocolate.
- 250g soft butter
- 65g icing sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare two large baking sheets lined with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add flour and continue to mix. Mix until mixture forms a soft dough. Using your hands form the dough into a cohesive ball with your hands.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch thick on a surface dusted with flour or icing sugar with a well-dusted rolling pin. Cut into rounds or your desired shape and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cookies are pale golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets.
- Melt the chocolate and put into a piping bag. slowly drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled shortbread. Leave on wire rack to set.