Chewy, chocolatey, caramely and crispy all in one bite- Do I even need to go on? A simple way to make chocolate treats – definitely NOT an every day indulgence!
Don’t skip by this, thinking that it’s only for children. Of course, children love it, but so does every grown-up I’ve ever given them too. This is a recipe that I’ve been making for years! Obviously this is a treat, both tasty, a little bit naughty and is highly addictive.
So what is it about Mars Bar Rice Krispie Cup’s that makes them sooooo dam good?
Firstly you don’t need many ingredients, they are super fast to make- perfect for when you have other important things to do!
You don’t even need to turn on the oven and they are so easy that you could virtually make them with your eyes closed.
The chocolate layer on top wants to be thick, hence the 300g in the recipe. Use proper butter not margarine or sunflower spread or anything else. When buying your chocolate use your favourite confectionary chocolate. To keep this recipe super quick use a user-friendly chocolate melting pot to melt the chocolate before pouring it over your mini Mars rice krispie cups.
- 100g rice krispies
- 4 Mars bars
- 90g butter
- 300g milk chocolate
- 100g dark chocolate
- Grease a cupcake pan with butter.
- Place the Mars Bars and butter into a bowl and melt for a few minutes until there are no remaining lumps.
- Add the rice krispies and mix for 15 seconds or until completely combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and place into the fridge.
- Place the milk chocolate into the melting pot.
- Melt on 50 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the rice krispie cups and place back into the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile place the dark chocolate into the melting pot.
- Melt on 50 degrees for 2-3 minutes. Remove the cups from the fridge and drizzle the dark chocolate over the top of the cups. lace back into the fridge to set.