Spring is in the air! Okay, I know we’ve still got a ways but it’s been starting to warm up at last! So whats better than to make cupcakes, carrot cupcakes!!
Today I’m going to share my super quick and easy carrot cupcake recipe. I’ve been making these cupcakes for a while and they have never failed once!
These are the easiest cupcakes you’ll ever baked. You don’t even have to whisk them! The only step that might slow you down is grating the carrots but I decided to grate them in the food processor. I have a grating attachment on my kitchen aid, but if you don’t have it you can dice them real tiny or just use a ordinary grater.
They’re sweetened with golden syrup, which helps keep them moist and adds to the warm flavor.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 80g Golden syrup
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 110g low-fat cream cheese
- 225g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Carrots made of icing or chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a cupcake tray with 10 cupcake cases.
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan and melt together over a medium heat, stirring to combine. Remove from the heat, then stir in the self-raising flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon, grated carrot and eggs. Transfer to a mixer and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon into the cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and a cake tester comes out clean. Remove when ready and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by combining the butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl. Beat using an electric whisk for 6 minutes until smooth. This may seem a while to beat the icing but this is what makes it so light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle. Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the icing on top in a swirl. Place a sweetie/chocolate or icing carrot on top.