I’m back with another ultra chocolatey recipe. These are not only ridiculously delicious, they are also very easy to make! You can make the brownies from scratch or just start with a boxed mix as the base, then top them with a yummy chocolate chip cookie dough filling, and finally a silky chocolate ganache topping! These are just out of this world!
I’m a person who loves cookies, but is all over the dough first. Just give me a bowl and let me eat to my hearts content.
Just take a look at this photo and everything will become clear. Black layer of brownies mix full of melted chocolate, decadent layer of Cookie Dough in which I threw in chocolate chips, and simple, but always tasty chocolate ganache!
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g best dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 230g butter, softened
- 100g sugar
- 130g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 190g flour
- 100g mini chocolate chips
- 280g dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 250ml heavy cream
- 21g butter
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a 20 cm square baking tin.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together either in the microwave or in a bowl over boiling water.
- Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in 275g golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy, like a milk shake. This can take 3-8 minutes. You will know it's ready when the mixture becomes really pale and about double its original volume.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, and then gently fold together.
- Hold a sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and sift the cocoa and flour mixture, shaking the sieve from side to side, to cover the top evenly. Gently fold in to the mixture.
- Pour into the baking tin and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out almost clean (do not overbake). Remove from the oven and cool.
- Mix the butter with white and brown sugar until it’s light and fluffy, then mix in milk.
- Add in flour a bit at a time until fully incorporated, then stir in chocolate chips with a spoon and spread mixture over cooled brownies.
- Bring heavy cream and butter just to a boil and pour over chopped chocolate and let sit a few minutes without stirring, then stir until it’s silky.
- Spread over the cookie dough layer ( if you want to keep the ganache shiny then let it cool at room temperature , then refrigerate to set).