So its nearly that time of year again. Easter is slowly creeping up on us. So I’d though I’d share this easter inspired recipe which has been slightly adapted from one of Sainsbury’s home made by you recipes. I only made minor changes to the recipe by adding in one of my favourite childhood biscuits of all time. Pink wafers!!! This recipe though is one that you could add anything and everything that appeals to you. Nuts, cereal, pretty much any type of dried fruit. Its delicious, easy to make and more importantly you can use any leftover biscuits, sweets, fruit you have leftover in your cupboards.
Don’t worry if your not an experience cook, this recipe is SUPER easy, tasty and lots of fun. You could always get the kids involved too. These little rocky road treats could be made and wrapped up to for a lovely easter home made gift or of course like me you could just eat them all yourself!
- 400 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 g plain digestives, broken into pieces
- 100 g pink wafer biscuits broken in half
- 100 g mini marshmallows
- 150 g mini eggs
- Line a square 18cm x 18cm cake tin with clingfilm.
- Put the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the broken digestives, broken pink wafer biscuits, mini marshmallows and 100g of the mini eggs – keeping the rest to decorate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin and push down with the back of a spoon. Place the remaining mini eggs on top of the mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours. When set, cut into small squares.