This is my favourite Rice Krispie treat recipe. It’s a perfect balance of marshmallow to rice krispies!! Simple, buttery perfection. To top it off I added a smooth layer of white chocolate topping with my favourite childhood biscuit, Party Rings!
It’s really all about the marshmallows. Melt em, mix em with the rice krispies and then add more marshmallows! Couldn’t be more simple!
Then press them into a greased pan, press evenly down, but not to hard and pop to the side to cool. You can then you can get creative.
You can pretty much use any type of chocolate, dark, milk or white. Once melted you can spread evenly across the cooled rice krispies and top with a favourite biscuit or even some sprinkles.
- 500g Rice Krispie Cereal
- 4 tbsp butter
- 800g mini marshmallows
- 400g White Chocolate
- Packet of mini Party Rings
- Weigh out your rice krispies into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the butter into a saucepan and melt on a low heat. Once butter has melted add 600g of marshmallows and stir until all is melted and combined.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the bowl combining the rice krispies and then add the remaining 200g of non melted marshmallows. Stir with a spoon until all rice krispies are covered in marshmallow mixture. Tip the rice krispie mixture into a tin linked with foil and lightly greased. Gently spread the mixture until level.
- Melt the white chocolate over a pan of boiling water. Then pour over the top of the rice krispie treats and level with a spatular. Place the party rings on top of the white chocolate and set aside to cool at room temperature. This may take an hour or so.
- Once set remove from the pan and cut into 24 squares.