These gooey brownies are super chocolatey with bursts of orange flavour from the chunks of Terry’s chocolate orange. They are the ultimate Christmas indulgence.
Adding orange to chocolate brownies might not float everybody’s boat but there is something about the extra richness. I totally understand why it’s such a popular combination.
I use Dr. Oetker Valencian Orange Natural extract as I always have some in my cupboard but you could always grate the rind of half an orange instead .
These brownies have a double chocolate orange hit with the melted chocolate orange and the chopped chunks!! To make them use Dr. Oetker Extra Dark Chocolate which gives the brownies the smooth, fudgy centre. Make sure when baking that the brownies still have a little wobble in the centre when removing from the oven.
- 200g butter, chopped
- 100g Dr. Oetker Extra dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Dr. Oetker Valencian Orange Natural Extract
- 4 large eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g Terry's chocolate orange, chopped
- Heat oven to 180C and line a 20 x 20cm brownie tin with baking parchment. Put the butter, dark chocolate and 50g of Terry’s chocolate orange in a non-stick saucepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Put to the side to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale and has doubled in volume. Add the Dr. Oetker Valencian Orange natural extract and then gently stir into the cooled chocolate mixture. Sift over the flour and cocoa, stir in, then add the remains of the chopped orange chocolate.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 35-40 mins. Cool in the tin, then cut into squares