Use this recipe and you can always adjusted fruit flavour combinations such as cherry and dark chocolate, orange zest and milk chocolate or even stick to my favourite almonds, pistachios and cranberries!
These Florentines are so colourful, glistening with red cranberries and dipped in chocolate. They are honestly dead easy to make.
- 50g butter
- 50g light brown demerara sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g plain flour
- 50g chopped almonds
- 25g chopped cranberries
- 25g chopped pistachios
- 175g dark/milk/white Dr.Oekter Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line three baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
- Measure the butter, sugar and syrup into a small pan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat and add the flour, chopped almonds, cranberries and pistachios to the pan and stir well to mix. Spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays, leaving plenty of room for them to spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Leave the Florentines to cool before lifting onto a cooling rack with a palette knife. If the Florentines become too hard to remove, put them back into the oven for a few moments to allow them to soften.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water or in a microwave, stirring occasionally, and taking care not to burn the chocolate. Spread a little melted chocolate over the flat base of each Florentine using a palette knife, and leave to set, chocolate-side up, on the cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.