They are packed with tons of creamy strawberry milkshake-y flavor, and the secret ingredient is strawberry Nesquik milk powder!
The fluffy strawberry cakes are lightly tinted pink and are topped with a lovely baby pink whipped strawberry milkshake buttercream. They are bursting with sweet strawberry milkshake flavour, just so tempting!
The flavour comes purely from actual Nesquik milkshake powder. Simply replace the sugar in the cakes and some of the icing sugar in the buttercream with the milkshake powder and you’ll get wonderful strawberry milkshake cupcakes without faffing around with berries.
- 110g self raising flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Vanilla essence
- 50g Nesquik strawberry milkshake powder
- 60g butter, softened
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons strawberry milkshake powder
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- A few drops of pink food colouring
- 50g dark chocolate
- 40g caramel waffles cut into 1/4
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add your eggs, one by one until your mixture is well mixed.
- Add your flour, baking powder, vanilla and Nesquik. Give your mixture a good stir before placing into cupcake cases, two thirds full. Bake on 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- To make the icing, cream the butter and icing sugar together with an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy, then add enough colouring to turn it pink. Mix the strawberry milk powder with the milk and add to the icing. Put into a piping bag and pipe onto of your cooled cupcakes. Melt the dark chocolate and place a spoonful on top of the icing. It should slowly drizzle down the sides. Place a 1/4 of a caramel waffle on the top and finish with sprinkles.