Everyone loves chocolate. Everyone loves peanut butter….…and everyone loves cookies.
These cookie cups are the perfect treat for any special occasion and just like cookies, travel very well. So I’m thinking they would be a most excellent goodie for parties and picnics.
With that little Lightbulb Moment, Chocolate Chip Cookie & Peanut Butter Fudge Cups were born.
These little babies are great served with a mid morning cuppa or any time of day that you’re having a chocolate/cookie/peanut butter craving, really…
To make these Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Fudge Cups you will first prepare a basic chocolate chip cookie dough. To bake them into the perfect cup shape a muffin or cupcake pan is used. A portion of cookie dough is placed into each muffin cup, then baked. It doesn’t get much easier than that. You then pour your homemade peanut butter fudge on top once cooled, followed by melted chocolate and topped with chopped nuts.
- Chocolate chip cookie
- 75g salted butter
- 40g light brown muscovado sugar
- 40granulated sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 110g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- 80g butter
- 100g brown sugar, packed
- Pinch salt
- 80ml milk
- 125g peanut butter
- 190g icing sugar
- Chocolate topping
- 150g milk chocolate
- 100g chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the
- flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate
- chips and stir well.
- Take a tablespoon of cookie dough mixture and press down into each cupcake case. Then place the tray
- into the oven for 15minutes until the dough in slightly brown on top. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the dough to cool while you begin to make the fudge layer.
- Place icing sugar into a large bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, salt and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter. Quickly pour over icing sugar. Mix and beat with a wooden spoon until combined until there are no icing sugar streaks visible. Spoon out about a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and press over the top of the cooled cookie dough, so that it reaches the edges of the cupcake case. Set aside.
- For the chocolate top, melt the chocolate until there are no lumps. Spoon 1 tbsp over the top of each cookie fudge cup and sprinkle with the chopped nuts and chocolate. Place in the fridge to set for a couple hours. Once set, remove the paper cupcake cases and serve. Keep chilled.