Fudgy brownie muffins swirled with a creamy cheesecake that taste incredible!
This recipe is a delightful combination of a brownie layer baked under a vanilla cheesecake layer; do I have your attention yet?!
These pretty looking muffins not only have an amazing combination of flavors but also textures—fudgy and creamy, cakey and tender—all in every single heavenly bite.
There are 2 batters to make, but both of them are simple and quick to prepare. The cheesecake batter literally takes two minutes to mix.
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g best dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50g white chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 227 g full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 100g very soft butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- Lucky charms Marshmallows
- Cut 185g of butter into small cubes and tip into a bowl. Break 185g dark chocolate into small pieces and drop into the bowl.
- Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted. Remove the bowl from the pan.
- While you wait for the chocolate to cool, turn the oven on to fan 180C.
- Tip 85g plain flour and 40g cocoa powder into a sieve held over a medium bowl to get rid of any lumps.
- Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in 275g golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar. They will look thick and creamy, like a milk shake. This can take 5-8 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the mixture becomes really pale and about double its original volume.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Hold the sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and resift the cocoa and flour mixture. Gently fold in the flour and coco powder. The mixture will look dry and dusty at first but if you keep going it will end up looking fudgy.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of 12 cupcake cases about 1/2 way. Then sprinkle a few white chocolate chip on top of the brownie mixture. Put in the oven and set your timer for 15 mins.
- Next make the cream cheese filling. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and sugar, then stir in the egg and vanilla extract until completely smooth. If the batter isn’t smooth enough, use an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until smooth. Don’t over-mix or the cheesecake will crack during baking. Set aside until your brownies come out the oven.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over your half cooked brownies and sprinkle some Lucky charm cereal on top. Put back into the oven for 10mins. Once cooked remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- While cooking make your cream cheese icing. Put your softened butter into a electric mixer and beat to get it to a very flexible and even consistency.
- Then add the icing sugar and beat that into get a very soft buttercream icing.
- Add the cream cheese in one go. It absolutely must be full fat and carefully blend this in. Do not beat it, just slowly mix it in with a wooden spoon.
- Fill a piping bag with your cream cheese icing and pip swirls on top of your brownie cheesecakes and top off with some more Lucky Charm cereal.